b.glam baby blog

Get the latest on b.glam baby press, fashions, & sales! Also, place to share stories about our kids, your kids, and all the cute things they do. And, of course, a place to b.glamorous!

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

All I want for Christmas...

Black Friday. To many, this is a day that just passes without another thought, and to the rest of us-IT'S AN EVENT!!! For the past six years now, I go out with my mom, sister and cousin (and other friends) shopping the day after Thanksgiving. The thrill of searching through the hundreds of ads on Thanksgiving night to find the deals of the century scattered across the town is what we live for. However, this year there wasn't much that appealed to me. (I began my Christmas shopping three months ago and I'm almost finished.) The rest of the clan was out at 11:30 Thanksgiving night. I said no way was I giving up an entire nights sleep when I would have to come home to my two kiddos. I met up with them at 3:00 in the morning. Usually we stand outside freezing to death, but they opened a 24 hour Walmart five minutes down the road. Aaaahhhh, you can't beat getting out of the car and strolling right into the store missing out on frost bite. Sadly to say, I had all of my gifts picked out and in my cart by the time the "hot bargains" began to sell at 5:00. So, I just stood by our carts and helped the others grab the items they were there for.
Our next goal was Target. Here I hit the jackpot. I'm having a hard time buying for Loral this year. I wanted to get her Hannah Montana concert tickets, but I am having to wait out the thirsty blood suckers who are trying to resell their tickets for outrageous amounts of money(that's another blog in itself). So, I don't want to buy her gifts until I know whether or not I will be spending money on the concert tickets. But, for the past year and a half, she has come out of her play room while watching Nickelodean and asked for Moon Shoes. I would just laugh because I was picturing the moon boots they had out when I was little. I would just always say, "Maybe, we'll see or maybe that's something you can ask Santa for." As I was walking down the main aisle to get to the toys, their they were. A whole display of Moon Shoes!!! I know this is not a practical gift, but wasn't there always one gift we all wanted as a little one and never seemed to get? Like Ralphie and his Red Rider BB gun. Well this year I decided was Loral's year to get her pointless gift in which she will probably kill herself with. For those of you out there who don't know what Moon shoes are, the box describes them as mini trampolines for your feet!!! Rock on Little Miss Loral, I will catch you if you fall!

1 Comments:

At November 28, 2007 at 3:46 PM , Blogger megan said...

Tiffy, make sure you hold onto your little ball of fire, because I can see her flying through the air "without" the greatest of ease and breaking her leg! I am curious to see how she does though... You're right...ROCK ON LORAL!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home