b.glam baby blog

Get the latest on b.glam baby press, fashions, & sales! Also, place to share stories about our kids, your kids, and all the cute things they do. And, of course, a place to b.glamorous!

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Bad Breath Story

Well, Loral's honesty and say whatever is on your mind is on the move once again! Loral is in the big "K" this year. Every evening we go over what happened or the exciting things she did in school that day. Well, the first full week of school went by with no glitches. Then, Loral came home one day and informed me that one of her classmates had bad breath. (or as Loral put it, _____ has stinky breath!!!) I explained to her that maybe this person didn't have time to brush their teeth that morning, or they ate something that had a strong odor. She just looked at me the entire time I was explaining this. She then blurted out, " I told her she has stinky breath!" Oh no. I told Loral that wasn't very nice because she might have hurt her feelings or someone else might have heard her and she could have embarressed the little girl and wouldn't her feelings be hurt if someone said that to her. She seemed to understand that and so I thought this topic was over. But, no! Loral came home a couple of weeks later and said to me "________ breath still stinks!!!! I wonder if she ever brushes, I GUESS NOT!!" I immediately asked if she said anything to the little girl and she said yeah, I told her "Your breath still stinks." Ohhhh Loral. I was shocked and so I asked her if she remembered what I had told her about embarrassing the little girl. She said, "Mommy, I waited until the teachers were in the hall so they wouldn't hear me and she wouldn't be embarrassed!" She definately is one smart cookie, and as my mother-in-law has told me since she was born, she has a large brain! He, he. Well, at least I can say she is honest and will tell you how she feels.

1 Comments:

At October 27, 2007 at 11:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a little cousin through marriage and she is something else. She is 10 now so she's calmed down quite a bit. But one time when she was about 5, her mom and I were at the grocery store. Or course we had her with us, and at the checkout she says, in a not so quiet voice, "MOMMY! Your breath stinks!" Oh my gosh, it was the funniest thing ever. All we could do is laugh. So at least your little one wasn't saying it about you, and a little piece of advice....be sure to brush your teeth. haha

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home