b.glam baby blog

Get the latest on b.glam baby press, fashions, & sales! Also, place to share stories about our kids, your kids, and all the cute things they do. And, of course, a place to b.glamorous!

Sunday, October 28, 2007

My newest Venture - teaching online

Well, as we all know, Mom's take on a lot of roles - we are EVERYTHING TO EVERYONE!

And, before I started b.glam baby, I was a teacher for 13 years. I loved it, but hated all the stuff that came along with teaching in the inner city in Cleveland. For the most part the kids were great...but, the parents, the wacky administration - and I mean CRAZY!!!! My last principal should have been committed - if she isn't there right now. (She was fired from Cleveland Schools, which is just about impossible unless you physically harm a child, or as the rumor mill says for her, embezzled money to keep for her own - pretty smart that one is!)

Anyways...I'm off track...

I am now back to teaching part time again while also trying to run a company, take care of 2 kids, keep a happy husband & 2 wiener dogs - Oliver and Maxine, and keep my sanity. Sometimes I wonder if I am the one who may be a little crazy:)

But, the teaching is fun and I am doing something entirely opposite of what I did in Cleveland. I have a masters in reading, but I also have a minor in my undergraduate in creative arts. That lets me teach my Art 1 and Art 2 classes. They are high school kids, which I swore I would NEVER teach! Being around 1st graders for the past 7 years, high school is VERY different. However, the "bad part" as I thought it would be, does not apply when you are online. You don't have to worry about a big classroom and all the hormones. You just help them and you can actually communicate with them - something that is hard at times with 6 year olds, because you can't even read some of their names!

Anyways, I put out an assignment for my students to help create a new logo and give us some fresh ideas - I thought it would be a fun way to combine art and let them see a little bit about me. I am also giving them a chance to blog on the b.glam baby blog. I am really excited for them to share some of their ideas and learn some new things about them. I don't get to have that one on one interaction with them in the classroom, so maybe this will help!

So kiddo's, I hope to hear more about you and learn somethings about you OUTSIDE of the classroom!

Megan
A.K.A Mrs. Kuosman:)

2 Comments:

At October 29, 2007 at 10:04 AM , Blogger Brittany Hope said...

Wow, it seems like you have a lot to deal with on an everyday basis. I admire your life and what you do and I plan on having the same lifestyle as you. I would love to see pictures of your kids and your puppy's becuase I absolutly love dogs <3

TBrittany Misencik

 
At October 29, 2007 at 8:18 PM , Blogger catgirl615 said...

wow, you have alot to deal with. how do you do it? i one day hope to have a lifestyle like yours. mybe not as much to do but around the same amount. i really admire what you do. like my moms always said women are alot stronger than men. we can handel all of this but men have trouble doing it. i like to believe that. well i hope you have a good day! i would also like to see pictures of your kids!!


TAmber Spooner

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home