b.glam baby blog

Get the latest on b.glam baby press, fashions, & sales! Also, place to share stories about our kids, your kids, and all the cute things they do. And, of course, a place to b.glamorous!

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Boys should be boys

Well, here it is. My second blog ever! Everyone who knows me knows that I am very picky when it comes to dressing my kids. Everything must match to a "T "for the girls and Kenzie our son always coordinates perfectly. This "condition" as many of my friends refer to it as, started when we had our oldest daughter Sophie. When she was an infant, she always had a pacifier that was the same color as her outfit hanging from her with a binky string of the same color. Also, any bottles or sippy cups she used that day, were the same color as the outfit. My father-in-law said that would change when we found out we were pregnant with our son a mere 11 months later. I told people he obviously didn't know me very well and when Kenzie came along, he was dressed everyday with the same care and matching factors. Sadie our third came a short 17 months after Kenzie and again, perfectly matched, always!! Anyways, back on the subject. I have seen many parents who dress their sons in clothes that are either made for girls only or should be. Kids have enough problems at school in this day and age without being made fun of for the way they are dressed. I just found this awesome product called baby legs. They are super trendy and cool leg warmer type leggings for kids. However, check this out.




WHAT IN THE SAM HECK WERE THESE PEOPLE THINKING?????? These boys look like they are waiting to go hit the happy(gay!) playdate nightlife. COME ON!!! BOYS IN TIGHTS?? WHAT NEXT? PIRATE SHIP PATTERNED TUTUS FOR BOYS!!! PLEASE! If you have a child who happens to be of male gender, please lord do not under any circumstances subject him the the mental scarring of wearing leg warmers at age 5. O.K. I admit, on a 5 or 6 month old baby, in the dead of winter, in the pitch black(OK that one was going a little too far) they MIGHT be cute. On your first grader NEVER!!!!!!!!!! Please think about what you are doing to that childs psyche. They already have to overcome so many insecurities, please help them out a little by dressing them appropriately for age and gender. Enough said. Once again LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this product for GIRLS ONLY!!!! www.babylegs.net Love the product, hate the unisex implication.
Tricia

3 Comments:

At October 27, 2007 at 11:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my first time visiting the web site. I was told by a friend that this web site has some really cute clothes for babies so i decided to check it out. She was definitely right. You guys have some great clothes. However, after reading this blog i have decided that I will not be buying any of them. This blog is arogant. You may have some great style, but who are you to say how someone should dress their child? It is NOT your child. You shouldn't and do not have a say in how a parent chooses to dress them. You have your own style, and I personally love it, but just because you like it and I like it, doesn't mean that everyone thinks its cute. Let the parents decide what is cute for their own children. Your way is not the only way and you can't force it on people.

 
At October 28, 2007 at 11:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

tchelsie
so i have a little boy and i think this is the weirdest outfit ever...who would make a product like that? I would personally never allow my son to wear tights lol...its just putting them out there to be herassed at scholl and what not...and i agree this product should be GIRLS ONLY..

 
At October 29, 2007 at 2:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. That is horrible. I agree 100% that boys shouldn't ever wear something like that! Not even if they were, as you said, going to a "happy" gathering. =X

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home