b.glam baby blog

Get the latest on b.glam baby press, fashions, & sales! Also, place to share stories about our kids, your kids, and all the cute things they do. And, of course, a place to b.glamorous!

Thursday, July 19, 2007

What is the big deal with all this blogging stuff???

Ok, so I was telling my husband about this whole blogging thing. We have had some, shall we say, interesting incidents at the b.glam offices and they have involved the site and blogging. He didn't really get why people are so into telling everyone around the world about their lives and their daily "goings on." Personally, I agree too. Who really cares what I am doing on a day to day basis, but I guess someone does.
So, why is this blogging thing so big? And more importantly, why do people who haven't even met you think that they are your "besties" (this is a college term that I have lovingly kept around because it reminds me of one of my "besties" KT)
When you "meet" someone it is face to face as far as I am concerned. If I have talked to you on the phone or emailed you, I haven't "met" you - I have only emailed or talked to you!
So, it is hard for me to understand why people who haven't even "met" (on my terms face to face) feel that they need to know personal things about you.

I have kept many different groups of friends over the years.

1.There are my friends who I grew up with, which I call "family friends",
2.there are my high school friends, who I actually still see as best as I can - there are about 10 of them and that is a big % seeing that I graduated from a CO-ED Private School with 34 graduates,
3. there are my college friends who are divided into separate groups also -
4. my DG friends,
5. my field hockey friends,
6. and then the random others
7. Then, I go to after I graduate and have my teaching friends, Seeing that I was at a couple different schools teaching, I have about 3 sets of teaching friends. (along with my post-graduate/Masters friends)
8. I have my Mom friends
9. My co-workers presently
10. And finally, another group of "club" friends!

BOY OH BOY!!! That is really exhausting!
However, out of all those friends, they probably would care less about what I am blogging about.
So, I am posing the question to all you "bloggers" out there....
What is so interesting about following other peoples lives, via the Internet, that you haven't even "met?"

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At July 19, 2007 at 1:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll tell you why people like to blog. It's becasue people like to stalk other people. It's an easy way to keep track of an ex or someone you are wondering about. You can look at photos and read what their friends are saying to them. It's like a wire tap into your life that any one can get to. I know for a fact, and I wont name names, that the only reason some people have a myspace or a blog account is to go and check up on people that they don't exactly want to talk to. You don't have to be some ones "friend" to read their blog or look at pictures. Unless of course you block that feature for some users, but 90% of the people don't do that. Basically it's human nature to stalk other people. Blog's just bring it out.

 
At July 23, 2007 at 8:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am with you Megan, it just doesn't seem right to put your life out there for the world to read about. It is fun to read blogs and shake your head at how wierd people are, but posting one about myself, I think would be crazy. Although, I do like the B.GLAM format. It is fun to be able to blog with a group about different topics. Good job girls.

 
At October 29, 2007 at 3:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think blogging is about getting strangers to read about you. Not really. Although some people crave the attention and the controversy surrounding they receive by being "internet//blogging celebrities" ((if they're hardcore about the whole thing and are kind of well-known for it)), I think most of us who blog - I include myself in this - do it to keep in touch with people we know and can't see very often. It can keep you connected to old friends, and I think that is very important. I found one of my old best friends through a blog site after she moved away and we started to lose touch. We are closer than we were before. So I think a lot of good can come of out blogging. Some people just do it to vent though, and that's alright. It isn't there for people to read in particular, but if you think about it, it's like free therapy.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home